In case you had not figured this out yet, our family loves garlic. Whenever we get a chance we add garlic, we do, so for the mashed potatoes I made for our Thanksgiving Feast, I added garlic of course!
Garlic Mashed Yukon Gold Potatoes
10 med Yukon gold potatoes
1 tsp sea salt
2 tbsp milk
4 tbsp butter
10 cloves garlic mashed
2 tbsp chopped chives
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Peel and cut potatoes into 1/4 inch pieces and place in large pot filled with water (this will prevent potatoes from browning). Add 1 tsp sea salt.
- Boil potatoes until easily pierced with a fork (about 20-30 minutes).
- Drain potatoes and mash.
- Add 1-2 tbsp milk (depending on the volume of potatoes you cooked you may need more or less) and the butter. Mash butter and milk into potatoes.
- Add 8-10 cloves garlic finely chopped (2-3 tbsp of bottled chopped garlic works well too and is very convenient).
- Add chopped cloves and mash everything together, correcting taste if necessary with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to serving bowl and serve.