Natasha at MawBooks is hosting a Bloggiesta this weekend, and we thought it would be a great way to help us jumpstart Muse in the Kitchen which has been seriously trailing behind in posts ever since we changed to a different account on our server.
I say “we”, but the truth is that Ward has continued to cook up a storm, find tons of recipes and has been preparing a LOT for our upcoming trip to Nova Scotia and all the wonderful seafood we plan to eat while there. It’s me who needs jumpstarting! I would love to be in a routine of regular posting here before we leave, because we’ll have Internet access during the entire two weeks of our holidays at the beach house we’ve rented.
The point of the Bloggiesta?
The Bloggiesta will focus on blog content, improving/cleaning up your blog or working on your social network profiles.
So without further ado, here’s what’s I plan to work on over the next 48 hours of the Bloggiesta:
- brainstorm a new feature that will make full use of our very large cookbook library
- brainstorm a new feature that will highlight all new cookbook additions to our library
- search out fun food-related blog memes
- update out-of-date plugins
- upload and activate new plugins
- add newsletter subscribe code to sidebar
- create new food blogs links page
- create new tags archive page
- tidy up Twitter account and start Twittering more at @museinkitchen
- organize and catalog pictures on hard drive so I can easily find the right picture to match different recipes
- brainstorm new features that will help me to blog here more regularly
- various template tweaks
- Update: add more food blogs to feed reader
I may also do some of the mini-challenges, as well. Since I am celebrating the Bloggiesta at my writing and book blog, too, I may not have time to do as much as I’d like (not to mention I have two deadlines I’d like to finish up by Monday so I’ll have time to prep for our Maritimes holiday – just getting my excuses ready and up front here).
So off we go!