I needed something simple and found a great and simple recipe in America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book.
Dylan is prepared!
This is what our finished loaf looked like.
I had to go out at this point and when I got back, there was none left so I have no pictures of it sliced. That’s a good thing, I think.
Thanks to Dylan, we were successful in our adventure in the world of baking!
Adapted from America’s Test Kitchen Family Baking Book (makes one 8″ loaf)
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup sugar
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp fine sea salt
1-1/2 cups mashed very ripe bananas (approx 3)
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted and cooled
2 large free range eggs
1/4 cup whole yogurt
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F with rack in lower-middle position.
- Spray a 9″ x 4″ loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and sea salt with a whisk in a large bowl.
- Combine the mashed bananas, butter, eggs, yogurt and vanilla extract in another bowl.
- Gently fold the banana mixture into the flour mixture, being sure not to over mix.
- Place the batter in loaf pan and smooth over the top.
- Bake about 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center.
- Let cool 10 minutes, then turn out onto a wire rack and let cool 1 hour.